Home Forums Rides-Rallies-Etc President’s Corner

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      SValois
      Participant

From time to time I will post on here, as some folks are not on Facebook.  I implore everyone to READ the emails sent out by the club.  The emails contain both the month General Membership meeting minutes, including upcoming events, pertinent club information, as well as the Board meeting minutes (Board meetings are held every “odd” month on the 4th Thursday of the month).  Special thanks to everyone who stepped up during the elections to support OUR club, including those of you who took the time to vote!

Hi All – your road captains had an ad hoc meeting yesterday and are pulling together a 2022 ride agenda. Also, your Board members had our January meeting tonight, so be on the lookout for the meeting minutes in your email, and on the website under Member Info. (For paid club members only). For access to ALL the clbu information, sign up as a member – it’s only $20 for TWO years. The website has been updated with the new officers, and Directors. Next general membership meeting is at Sill’s Motor Sales, 1901 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland, Ohio, Thursday Feb 3.   Owner Pam will have some food, and all I can say is there will be some good door prizes! Come early to nibble, get your 50/50 tickets (these will be the door prize tickets also), socialize, and check out their inventory before the meeting at 7pm. See you there! President Sandi.

SValois
      Participant

IF the projected winter storm expected to blast almost all the northern Ohio counties from Wednesday through Friday causes the roads to be treacherous, the meeting at Sill’s will canceled. Pam Dengler and I are in communication and a decision will be made late Wednesday. Stay tuned!

SValois
      Participant

ATTENTION: Due to the upgrade to Winter Storm “Landon” starting on Wednesday this week (potential of 14” of snow in some areas, and on top of ice), Pam Dengler of Sill’s Motor Sales has agreed to POSTPONE our monthly general membership meeting to next Thursday February 10. Hopefully, by that time, the roads will all be cleared, as well as the parking lot at the dealership, and everyone will actually be able to attend the meeting. I know there is also a shortage of snow plows in many areas, which only exacerbates the problem. Posting this on Facebook page, and in the President’s Column in the FORUM on website.)  Stay safe, stay warm, and stay home, so we may all ride in the future!  Sandi

SValois
      Participant

BMW MOA – “CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF BMW MOA RIDERS ACROSS THE WORLD” Book

Since folks had questions about this BMW MOA project, I just spent almost an hour on the phone with “Lisa” from PCI regarding the book. I asked every question I could think of, and the following is a summary of the call.

BMW MOA hired Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) of Dallas, Texas, which has been 100 years in business. First time doing an MOA project. Ted Moyer, MOA Executive Director is the POC. PCI has 100 folks manning the phones due to the 26,000+ MOA membership. It costs you NOTHING to take part. Only payment is if you wish to purchase a package, or the book & digital version by themselves.

There are 3 separate packages to purchase, either as an individual or as a club. I will forward the email which delineates the packages separately. (I purchased the book and digital version for myself for a total of $202.31 including S&H), which I will be happy to share with the club.

When you call 1-866-561-0612, it automatically links you to a phone bank tech who is specific to this project.Everyone received an individual ID# on the letters, cards, and emails the MOA sent out. You may or may not be asked for the number (I was not).

Cut-off for submissions to the ONE-TIME Printing is end of June 2022. Book will be published in February 2023. LOTS of folks have already participated, so get your submissions in earlier than later.

They will ask you during the RECORDED phone call:

1. Your contact info per the BMW MOA (info in NOT re-sold) – name, email, date joined MOA
      2. What BMWs you have/have had, limited to THREE
      3. What got you into riding, what kind of riding you do, best riding memory and events
      4. Your verbal permission for the audio of the call, and for your photo use
      5. Asked for payment (credit card only) for pre-sale of book (hardback and digital), or one of the packages. There are NO discounts for military, law enforcement, AAA etc.

THEN:

You will receive an email in a few weeks and you can update your info, edit your story, and add photos you want included in the book. You do not HAVE to continue, if you desire not to participate.

Customer service number at PCI is (800) 982-1590

I will also bring this up at the March 3 meeting.

Hope this helps!

Sandi

<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

SValois
      Participant

Hi all – Spring is officially just a few days away, and we are starting to see some warmer weather.  Hopefully, some of you have gotten your beasts out for a ride or two already.  Watch for potholes and crap on the roads!   Our Road Captains have been busy formulating some fun outings; check the calendar frequently for updates/changes. The BMW MOA Summer Riding contest for MOA members kicks off on April 1.  Forms are in the March issue of the Owner’s News Magazine.  Make sure to have the form signed by two BMW MOA members, or ONE of our club officers.  Forms must be postmarked by May 1, 2022.  The Grand Condiwomple is also underway; information can be found on wwwBMWMOA.org.  Shaping up to be a fun riding season!  The next meeting will be at Lagerheads in Medina.  They will be ready to serve us at 5:30pm in the room to the left when you enter the front door.  Make sure to congratulate owner Jon Keine on the purchase of his new GS Adventure!  As always, check the website for information, stay in touch on the Facebook page, and most of all – get out and RIDE!  Sandi

SValois
      Participant

SPRING is finally in the air – AH-CHOO!  Sorry, I missed the membership meeting, but I hear it was well-attended!  Thanks to Paul Mitchell for presiding, and for the presentations by Wally and Duncan. June’s meeting will be outside; so pack a meal!  As stated in the meeting minutes every month – inside establishments to host a group of our size, without FEES, are hard to come by.  So, if you know of any, please let one of the officer know!  Also, we are trying to frequent family-owned establishments as they were the hardest hit recently.  Many of them are under-staffed, and doing the best they can to keep afloat.  So, I appreciate your support by showing up at the restaurant meetings, as do the restaurant owners!

Riding season is in full swing and members are posting all kinds of rallies and rides. And…there are still nuts on the roads not paying attention, so please use utmost caution when riding.  “Ride like you are invisible”.  Best advice my father-in-law gave me, besides a few stock market tips…

Check the FORUM and calendar regularly as they are both updated frequently.  Don’t forget about the RIder’s Association (RA) – they have some fabulous events coming up also!

Thanks MUCHO to the Road Captains for stepping forward and doing such a fine job of organizing upcoming rides!

SValois
      Participant

Someone asked me today on the ROMEO ride about the EMERGENCY CONTACT FORM, you know…the one that everyone should have on their person when riding anytime, and anywhere ….Anyhooter, it’s on the drop-down menu under “RIDING RULES/INFO”, and it is entitled “Emergency Info Form”. I believe you can print them from there.

We will have some printed out and available at the next general membership meeting in June.

ALSO, anyone interested in getting a wrist band with your emergency data on it –  I got mine at roadid.com. They are silicon bands, and two widths, with a clasp or without, and in multiple colors.  Mine has 5 lines of data on it including my nickname, blood type, ICE contact #s, allergies.    I usually have it on when riding, so ask to see it if you are interested!

SValois
      Participant

Don’t forget!  The BMW DEMO truck will be at the BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland THIS WEEKEND – May 21-22.  My buddy “Grumpy”, Scott Lindell, will be there cooking as well!  Forecast calls for rain, but hey, it’s just water, right?  Hope to see YOU there.  Support your local dealerships, as they support you.  In case you don’t know where it is….address is 7315 N. Aurora Rd, Aurora, OH 44202.  For those of you traveling to rallies – be safe and keep the rubber side down!  Sandi

John Adamski
        Participant

Thanks for the reminder, I definitely want to be there to Demo a GSA. I have registered online.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Email: Membership@bmwmoc.org
Cleveland, Ohio