Home Forums Rides-Rallies-Etc ANNUAL MARIETTA wEEKEND RIDE, sEPT 30 – oCT 2

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      WGingerich
      Participant

The annual Marietta Ride will take place September 30 to October 2, 2022. The ride will depart from Bob Evans in Macedonia promptly at 10 AM on Friday. We’ll have a group ride available for Saturday but you are welcome to ride your own route if you wish. Everyone figures out their own way home on Sunday.

I’m working on a new route to Marietta for Friday that will take us through the Wayne National Forest area south of Quaker City, west of Route 26 and east of I-77. This is a largely undeveloped area; much of the route will trace along ridge tops, with lots of curves and elevation changes that offer stunning vistas. I’m still looking for a suitable rest stop – not easy to find in this region. Saturday we will probably ride in West Virginia again. All of the route will be on paved roads, most of them state highways, and we will follow the posted speed limits. If you like to ride more aggressively you are welcome to ride your own ride. I’ll be posting the GPS route later.

I’m checking out a several new restaurants – as usual, we’ll get together for a group dinner Saturday night.

Accommodations will be at the Microtel Hotel (506 Pike Street) where we stayed last year. This is a clean, reasonably priced hotel with a surprisingly good breakfast. They are holding a block of 10 double rooms for us at a rate of $85 per night until August 30. To reserve call 740-373-7373 and say you are with the Cleveland BMW Club.

I’ll be posting more details in the next couple of months so stay tuned. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the route on Friday – if you’re like me you haven’t ridden in this area before, taking the better-known routes 26 or 800 to Marietta. Oh, and┬áby the way, we will have lunch at the Wooden Wheel in Quaker City, a favorite of the Wednesday riders.

More to come – stay tuned!

Richard Frantz
      Participant

I will plan on attending.

Duncan Cooper
      Participant

This is always a great event. I’m IN !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Email: Membership@bmwmoc.org
Cleveland, Ohio