Home Forums Rides-Rallies-Etc 2023 MSTA Canaan Valley Rally

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      edesimone
      Participant

Hey troops, the MSTA is having their Canaan Valley Rally in WV again! A bunch of us went last year and had a great time riding the roads and ADV routes. Great rates of lodging and a chance to buddy up with other club members to save bucks. Last year folks utilized the cabins which are like little houses. You do not need to be a MSTA member to show up.

Time to plan and figure out lodging. DO NOT MISS this one!

The 2023 Canaan Valley MSTA Rally will be held at the Canaan Valley Resort near Davis, WV on the dates of May 18-21, 2023. This Just for Fun rally is open to all motorcycle riders, regardless of club affiliation. There is NO RALLY FEE for this event, however we will be collecting donations for the Ride For Kids Foundation (suggested donation of $10). Beyond the small costs for registration, etc., all donations will go to the fund, so please give what you can.
      We will offer the same street and ADV routes that we used for the 2021 STAR, but we’ve refined them to address concerns noted by riders. They will be available for download to GPS devices.
      The Canaan Valley Resort has given us group rates for 4-BR cabins ($303/night) and lodge rooms ($99/night) – discounted 30-40 percent from the seasonal rates. They are holding 50 rooms including several cabins under the MSTA name until April 20. You can reserve your room by calling the resort at 304-866-4121. Ask for a room in the MSTA block to get the discount.
      NOTE: People who want to use the cabins should coordinate a group of four or more. If you form the group before you register, the person who coordinates that cabin will pay the deposit. Then when the other members check-in, the reservations desk will reimburse the coordinator for the excess beyond his personal bill. Choose your cabin mates carefully because the coordinator is responsible for anybody who doesn’t show up.
      On-site registration hours will be Thursday from 5-6 pm, Friday from 7:30-8:30 am and 5-6 pm, and from 7:30-8 am. If you cannot make these times, please contact me for other arrangements.
      If you have any questions, call Chris Shoop @ 304-488-9128 (reasonable hours) or Email me at shoopce@gmail.com.
      Registration will open on January 1.
      https://reg.planetreg.com/CANAANVALLEYJFF

AViiberg
      Participant

Beautiful area and great riding. I’ll be there.
      Arp

Roger Chaplin
      Participant

I’m planning to be there. The rally last year was a great weekend!

edesimone
      Participant

There is now info about the rally, click the link below and register if you want to go:

https://ridemsta.com/wv-canaan/

We need to coordinate accommodations, so someone needs to step up. Last year a bunch of club members shared cabins.

I will lead some ADV rides if anyone wants to join. These will be on legal dirt roads so all skill levels can do it.

There are also many wonderful tarmac routes available if you are not into ADV.

Al Feldman
      Participant

I’m registered.  Next is to decide departure date and arrange lodging.

Al

Roger Chaplin
      Participant

I’m up for sharing a cabin. The cabins have 4 bedrooms, each with 2 beds. 8 guys in a cabin is totally doable.

Tim Smith
      Participant

I would like to jump into the cabin sharing as well. Sounds like a good time.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Email: Membership@bmwmoc.org
Cleveland, Ohio